Nov 17 2013
1st zone conferences this past week. We have 12 zones in the mission, and they did
3 at a time in a combined meeting, so 3 on Tuesday in one location, 3 on
Wednesday in another location, 3 on Thursday in another location, and 3 on
Friday in another location. During Zone
conferences, both of the Clayton’s and Gary are involved. I am not, so I man the office. During the time I am the only one in the
office, I keep the doors locked and put a sign up in the door to please knock for
deliveries. On Wednesday, it was in our
building, so I could actually hear some of the talks, though most of the time I
still was in my office working. The days
the others traveled to zone conferences, they left the office about 7:30 a.m.,
so the plus for me was that I didn’t have as long a day as they had! Also, it was a fairly quiet week. There was only one day that I couldn’t answer
a call because I was on another call, and when the others got back, I couldn’t
open the door for them because I was on the phone. The others got back around 2:30 or 3 each
afternoon. Then they were on the
computers catching up on some of their work.
I got a lot done this week…..a project I was working on to list the
apartment names with the office managers.
We are hoping that this will help both Gary and I. Sometimes when apartment managers call in, it
is hard to understand them when they say where they are from. Also, all the apartments in the IMOS system
are listed by address, not apartment name, so this will help us both too I am
hoping, since we aren’t as familiar with them all…..and we have about 100
apartments that we deal with! During the
week, there were always some missionaries that would stop in the office off and
on during the day too, so I wasn’t completely alone.
Elder Clayton said that they only will have 1 more zone
conference before they are released, and he is glad…..those are hard weeks for
them.
Yesterday, Nov. 16th…..my baby girl turned
29! Where has the time gone????
We decided to take a day to take a drive and see some more
of the mission. We first went down Hwy
1, along the coast from Santa Cruz to Monterey.
We did a drive through tour of an area called the 17 Mile drive, which
takes you around the Pebble Beach area. Then
we headed across the mountains to Greenfield.
This is the southernmost point of the mission. It is a small town, about 28,000. Quite different than the big city San Jose! It took us about 1 hour and 20 minutes to get
back to the mission office from there.
We were gone the whole afternoon, getting back after dark. We didn’t do other things we usually do on a
Saturday, our shopping for instance, so that will just wait till Monday
evening.
It was nice to have a break from the normal routine though,
and see some different areas. We have
learned that the Monterey Bay is a good place to whale watch, so next year we
want to go and do that!
Today was a more restful day too. Face timed with Shelley’s family today. She had been telling me that the kids wanted
to see us. They were under a tornado
warning today. So far, they have been
okay where they live, but I read online that some areas were hit very hard in
Illinois.
I took a nap this afternoon.
I think I am so tired all the time not just because of the fast pace we
live in here, but because of the allergy
meds and decongestants I take…. those make me drowsy too. I have been having troubles with my sinuses
since we got here…….then I learned that apparently in this area, people have more sinus problems. That is what Elder Clayton was told by the
doctor. He also has had problems. He said he never had allergies before he came
here.
Well, that is it for the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment