What a difference a week makes……last weekend, some neighbors
in a building across from us were being
loud and pretty much took over the pool with lots of friends of theirs, and
stayed in the pool after hours and kept being loud even though it was
late….both Friday night and Saturday night.
This weekend, we don’t know for sure what happened, but they had a death
in their apartment on Saturday. We saw
the men take the body away on a gurney.
The family was very somber and in tears.
How quickly our lives can change!
Our week was pretty ordinary. Getting ready for transfers this week. Saturday, we did the usual cleaning, laundry
and shopping. I got a haircut……I asked
for an inch off the back and then blend it all in layers. Well, I got about 2 inches off the back….VERY
short! Oh, well, at least it will
grow. I just have to work with it this
way till it gets to where I can fix it better.
Many say they like it this way, but I don’t like it this short.
On Sunday, Elder Bruggeman spoke in Sacrament meeting since
it was his last Sunday with the Branch.
After church, the Branch had a social for him with potluck sweets and
fruit. When we got home, I decided I
needed a little nap since I hadn’t slept too well for the past 3 nights, and I
was finding myself almost dozing off in church.
I set the alarm to only sleep an hour.
When I woke up, the Michie’s stopped by to visit. When they left, I quickly fixed dinner, we
ate, then we headed to the Outgoing Devotional.
Today, we had the day off.
We headed to Point Lobos State Reserve to hike some trails there. (It is located on Hwy 1 just south of
Carmel) We took Sister Wilks and Sister
Nedreberg with us, and met up with 4 young sisters: Sister Fischetti, Sister Bradshaw, Sister Zidek
and Sister Mehr. Sister W. and Sister
N. hiked just a little then looked through the museum. Gary and I hiked with the younger
sisters. Afterwards, we all went out to
lunch in Monterey at a Mexican restaurant.
By then it was time to start for home.
Traffic was horrible! We were
barely moving, so we got off the main road to 101 and headed back to 1 and
headed north from there and followed the GPS to get to 101 by another route.
The other roads were busy as well, but not as bad as the first part. We got home about 5:30, and I have been typing
up my notes from the Outgoing Devotional and doing this since then. So, time to come to an end! Hope to sleep good tonight and be ready for a
busy week! Transfer number 7!
It is very sad how quickly life can change. Well, I guess it can be a good thing at times too, but indeed life does move on.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are crazy busy this week. This is a busy week for us as well. Looking forward to it being done!